Thursday, January 24, 2013

Guitar Gallery




As a younger rock god with many aliases, playing in many bands, I bought and played some great guitars.
Whenever I got tired of playing or was broke, or was tired and broke, I sold my instruments. Big regret of my life, it seems now that I was selling future memories.
I've had a lifelong love affair with Gretsches, then Fenders, but I never owned an original Gibson. When I got the chance to buy a Gibson Blueshawk I jumped at it.
Later in my life when I was in a position to, I started to rebuild a collection of instruments such as I had then, plus some that took my fancy. Mrs Marius encouraged my madness (gotta love that woman).
Then when the room in the house was chocka block she suggested I build an external studio (Exernal, get it, from time to time I still play at concert volume!! ooops!)
So now here I am today posting this blog from my studio as I like to call it, I have numerous effects modules, one smallish peavey amp, some mics, a virtual multi track digital studio. I have discovered the fun of recording to disc and video and the great fun of uploading to you tube. I haven't gone viral yet, or is that feral, hahahahahaha!!

However it can only be a matter of time

Stay tuned

by the way, my you tube channel link:-



Go on have a look.

By the way, did I tell you, I am a  hot shot  guitar player, composer, somgwriter, singer only controlled my my extreme modesty.

I also play keyboards, badly!!

I am a geat bass player!


Laugh a lot, live the life

Marius









Gretsch 1967 Viking, more gold plate than Fort Knox superb player

Maccaferri G30 and G40 1955 brilliant Jazz Guitars, Check them out on the net for the big surprise

Peavey T60 with a Roland TK2 pickup huge value for money

1995 Ovation Collectors Series magic guitar with piezo pick up and on board grahic equaliser

Only one in the world competely hand crafted Gourd Guitar by Tony Davis, it will never leave the collection

Side view of above

Seriously excellent 80's synth guitar Roland 707, comes with the biggest floor mounted controller you have ever seen, flawless player, I'm nuts about this guitar, massively expensive when new, now can be picked up cheap as, what a shame

Yamaha AEX 1500, The Martin Taylor designed Jazz Box, impossible bang for the buck, I don't think these are being made today, other than cheap copies

Note the little Hofner Beatle bass 2nd from the right, as cool as,

my studio, or part thereof

My absolute favourite an original '63 Fender Jaguar, Magic, Magic,Magic

More pics of guitars above

One of the best Synth guitars for the money ever made the Casio MG510, built like a superstrat with unlimited midi capabilities

Another gold plated favourite the Gibson "Blueshawk", this one with the bigsby designed Maestro Tremolo. Again more gold plate than you can poke a stick at. Very lightweight, unreal player


With all these guitars look 'em up on the net for all the features they carry.

1 comment:

  1. hi,
    is that the original finsh on the Gretsch Tennessean? Or was it refinished?
    thanks, Jose

    ReplyDelete